High School Lesson – I Have Questions
We care about your kids and want to keep them and others safe. We will have online worship services from March 15th-29th. We want to still reach your kids and support their continued spiritual growth on their level. On Sunday, please open this link to go over the story with your child. https://vimeo.com/showcase/6860371. If your child is 1st grade or younger, they will watch the First Look Preschool Experience video. If your child is in 2nd to 5th grade, they will watch both 252 Kids Elementary Experience and 252 Preteen Experience videos. We will continue to send videos that the kids can watch over the next 3 weeks.
We want to be as helpful as possible. Here are some resources that may help you and your child:
* Parent Cue App – this free app gives you weekly cues that are aligned with the content in the video presentations: https://bit.ly/2wTCNtG
* Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic – a blog post on managing anxiety during any number of life disruptions. https://bit.ly/2Q6kJTG
* Anxiety Conversation Guides – you can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to your child.
(Preschool) – https://bit.ly/33eSacg
(Elementary) – https://bit.ly/38LkjZs
When we begin live services again, we ask that you please partner with us to prevent the spread of illnesses. All volunteers, parents, and children should stay home for 14 days if exposed to a person with the coronavirus, the flu, or any other communicable disease or have recently traveled to a Centers for Disease Control Level 2 or 3 country.
You may have questions about what we’re doing to ensure our environment is clean and safe for your family. We want to inform you of the steps we take every week to prevent the spread of viruses in our environments.
– We follow hand-washing procedures and children are instructed to wash their hands when they enter the classroom, after using the bathroom and before eating snack.
– We follow safe and sanitary diaper-changing procedures.
– Staff and children use hand sanitizer.
– We disinfect the classrooms after each service.
– We remove children from the classroom when they appear to be sick, and parents are texted to pick them up.
Given the heightened awareness of viruses during this season, once we return to live services, we ask you not to bring your child to church if they exhibit any of the following symptoms:
– Fever (during this season, must be fever-free for seven days)
– Vomiting or diarrhea (must be symptom-free for 24 hours)
– Common cold from onset through one week
– Respiratory infection
– Sore throat or strep throat
– Cloudy or green runny nose
– Persistent cough
– Body aches
– Infectious or unexplained rash
– Pinkeye or other eye infection (must be on medication a minimum of 24 hours)
– Any childhood disease (e.g., scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chickenpox)
Thank you for all you do as parents to help your children learn and grow in their faith. By faith, we will see you soon!